Guitar competition 2019
Association of authors and musicians announces 6th year of competition for accoustic guitar players in all geners of music apart from classical music. There is no similar project in the Czech republic, so this competition is unique.
Competition concert is realized by Association of authors and musicians in cooperation with Guitar across styles festival, publishing house Muzikus and Kytary.cz company. It is great oppurtinity for all accoustic guitar players regardless their age or education.
The competition is intended only for solo accoustic guitar players. They have to play their own music or existing music arranged for accoustic guitars expect songs with lyrics (competitors can not sing).
1. Competition terms and conditions
- Music genres – contestants can play all genres of music except for classical.
- Selection of music – depends on the contestant. The contestans should prepare three compositions in different styles (slow, medium and high tempo).
- Type of guitar – contestants may play on all types of accoustic guitar.
- Age – Age does not matter.
- When competitor show tickets (bus, train), he will get allowance for transport. When competitor will use a car, allowance depends on distance (max sum is 700 CZK).
2. Competition processForeign contestants send their records to this e-mail adress (). Application deadline is 17.10.2019. The jury will choose 10 semifinalists from the properly recieved recordings (from Czech and others countries together).
- Chosen contestants will prepare two tunes of various characterisation and tempo.
- The semifinal will be held on the 22 October 2019 afternoon in the Pardubice conservatory (adress: Sukova 1260, 530 02 Pardubice).
- The jury of proffesional musicians will choose 5 contestants to advance to the final.
- The contestants will play two arbitrary tunes of various characterisation and tempo. Tunes from semifinal could be used.
- The final will be held in the Pardubice conservatory on the 22 October 2019 at 19:30 (adress: Sukova 1260, 530 02 Pardubice).
- The jury will choose a winner, a 2nd and a 3rd place.
- The audience will choose their favourite among the finalists during the live performance. He/she will get the Audience award.
- At the end of the finale, finalists of the previous year will perform.
- master giutar Jumbo Schneider
- Voucher 5000,- CZK to Kytary.cz shop
- Šiba – case for instrument
- Winner can play on festivals Guitar across styles and Porta in next year
6. The Jury
- Joe Robinson (Australia) – head of jury
- Jan Žamboch (CZ) – jury member
- Norbi Kovács (CZ) – jury member
- Stanislav Barek (CZ) – jury member